2022 Oregon IDA Tax Credits are Still Available!
2022 IDA Tax Credits are available for purchase until April 15th, 2023. As long as your gift arrives before we sell out or Tax Day 2023 (whichever comes first), we can issue 2022 Tax Credits.
As our least served Oregonians recover from the economic fallout of COVID-19, the IDA Initiative builds financial assets and supports Oregonians living on low incomes to build hope, financial stability and the assets needed to thrive.
With your help, we can ensure that every Oregonian finds the safety of a home, the promise of education or the opportunity to see their business flourish.
By making a gift today, 90% of your community-changing contribution is returned to you in Oregon State Tax Credits, while the remaining 10% can be written off as a charitable contribution.
Nearly your entire donation is returned to you in Oregon State tax credits (90%) to offset your tax liability. For many IDA donors, their gift of stock leads to personal financial gain in addition to their community-changing gift.
Our 2022 Stock Donation Benefit Estimator tool can help show you how much you could save by giving appreciated stock to the Oregon IDA Initiative.
Tax Credits Remaining
What is an IDA?
The IDA Initiative builds financial assets and supports Oregonians living on low incomes to build hope, financial stability and the assets needed to thrive. The IDA Initiative provides matched savings opportunities, information about financial systems, and coaching that meets people where they are at and supports their financial goals. Matched savings boosts the power of a participant’s own income and savings, by matching each dollar saved anywhere from 1:1 to 1:5.
By making a gift to the IDA, you will receive a 90% Oregon State tax credit and the ability to deduct the remaining 10% of your gift as a charitable contribution.
The community-changing impact of the IDA cannot be understated, and the personal financial benefits are no different: 90% of your donation is returned to you in the form of Oregon State Tax Credits, and the remaining 10% can be written off as a charitable contribution.
Your contribution creates stories of hope, progress and resilience. See IDA savers stories here.
Check out our FAQs and/or reach out to IDATaxCredit@neighborhoodpartnerships.org with any questions!
Frequently Asked Questions Learn more about how the tax credit works. How does the tax credit work? What is my tax credit rate? How do the recent changes to the federal IRS codes impact IDA donors? What else do I need to know?
The Oregon IDA Initiative is funded by the Oregon IDA Tax Credit.
Click on image to see bigger version
Oregon contributors may receive up to a 90% tax credit on their Oregon state returns for contributions made. This means the Initiative gets $1 of investment for every 90 cents or less in tax credits. As a donor, this tax credit can be used to offset your Oregon personal income tax liability.
For contributions by check, wire transfer, or donations of stock/mutual funds, your tax credit rate is 90%. Credit card contributions will also be at 90% as we absorb credit card processing fees to encourage donations that minimize paper handling.
When you donate to the Initiative, you receive a state tax credit that can be used to offset your Oregon income tax liability. Please note that as of June 2019, the IRS has clarified that when you receive this state tax credit, you may only claim for a charitable deduction on your federal return the portion of your donation that you DO NOT receive a state tax credit for. For example, if you donate $1,000 and receive a 90% state tax credit ($900), you may only claim the 10% ($100) you do not receive the tax credit for as a charitable contribution on your federal return. You can learn more here. We strongly encourage you to consult with your CPA or tax advisor about any specific questions as we are unable to give tax advice.
Please talk to your tax advisor about the particular impacts of the Oregon IDA tax credit on your situation. Depending on your personal circumstances, and especially if you do not pay significant state income tax or property tax, benefits to you may be higher.
Learn more about how the tax credit works. How does the tax credit work? What is my tax credit rate? How do the recent changes to the federal IRS codes impact IDA donors? What else do I need to know?
How does the tax credit work?
What is my tax credit rate?
How do the recent changes to the federal IRS codes impact IDA donors?
What else do I need to know?